The College of Law’s rich tradition of excellence dates back to its original founding. On December 21, 1949, a division of law was established at the then Florida A&M College, and the first class was admitted in 1951. In 1966 the Florida Board of Control (later known as the Board of Regents) withdrew its permission for the institution to admit law students, and two years later, the law school graduated its last class and closed its doors. Between 1954 and 1968, the law school graduated 57 students men and women who have gone on to make significant contributions to the legal profession both within the state and throughout the nation.
Browse the FAMU College of Law History Collections:
Annual Reports and Publications
Center for International Law and Justice Annual Reports
College of Law Historical Documents and Information